We all have aches and pains from time to time and the chances are that some of these may have been caused by what’s known as a musculoskeletal disorder. Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are fairly common and affect the body’s joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves, tendons, and structures that support limbs, neck and back. They affect three main areas of the body; upper limb, back and lower limb.
When people suffer from an MSD, it can lead to a reduction in an individual’s assessment of their general health, and to a reduction in their quality of life. MSDs are not always caused by work, but they are often made worse by the work we do and they often develop over time. Work related MSDs account for 44% of the total number of work related illnesses.
In this Musculoskeletal Disorders e-learning course you’ll gain the knowledge and understanding required to help reduce the likely impact arising from MSD’s in the workplace. The e-learning course is interactive and engaging, which helps make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s a fun way of learning the important principles of musculoskeletal disorders.
While some professions may be more at risk of MSD’s, the truth is everyone in all types of roles have a part to play in ensuring safe working practices are in place. Health and Safety is the responsibility of everyone within an organisation. The reasons to create a safe working environment where health and safety is uppermost in people’s mind are self-evident. This course will help bring the important topic of musculoskeletal disorders to the forefront of your mind.
- Explain what an MSD is and its impact on personal lives and the workforce
- Identify the typical symptoms of MSD’s
- Describe the three stages of MSD severity
- Understand what can be done to avoid MSD’s in the three areas
- Explain what a risk assessment is and how to carry one out
- Explain how best to deal with MSD hazards
- Help create a culture of positive health and safety practice in the workplace