COSHH is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations have been in place for more than 25 years, and the scientific evidence suggests that over this time industry has, in general, been consistently reducing exposure to hazardous substances.
In this COSHH elearning course you will gain the knowledge and understanding required to ensure you can act safely when working around hazardous substances. It provides a clear overview of the important elements of hazardous substances and gives you all the information to help ensure the safety of yourself or anyone else who works with hazardous substances. The elearning course is interactive which helps make the learning easy and interesting to follow. Learn the important principles of COSHH.
The COSHH elearning course is essential health and safety training. While some professions may be more at risk from incidents with hazardous substances, the truth is everyone in all types of roles have a part to play in ensuring COSHH practices are a normal part of day to day work.
- Describe the different COSHH safety signs and what they mean
- Explain the potential harm from hazardous substances and how they are preventable
- Describe the responsibilities relating to COSHH for both the employer and employee
- Explain the general rules for working with hazardous substances
- Learn the personal equipment that can protect you
- Understand the importance of COSHH in ensuring health and safety measures are taken